workouts

longwinded and dull. read at your own risk.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

i couldn't find my watch today...turns out there's a stopwatch on my ipod. checked the weather...not really much cooler than yesterday...but now i realize that if i run further from noon, there are a lot more shadows, so its really much more comfortable. failed on the first two hills. tried harder to control downs. decided that since my times wouldn't be exact anyways, might as well do some distance. wanted to do 141 and back (5 miles). on the way down...literally like maybe 200 from the end, rolled my left ankle. i was running on the grass between the sidewalk and the road...i guess i should be more careful. its nothing new...i guess its still a tad weak from the last time...exact same location. i was worried cuz i was a little more than 2 miles from home, but a nice lady stopped her van and drove me back. she's a runner too, and she had two kids in her van, so i knew she wouldn't abduct me or anything. i'm getting very good at making i-just-twisted-my-ankle-thanks-for-driving-me-home-i-dont-really-know-you conversation. i am VERY glad she stopped for me. it sucks that the run got interrupted...but i guess i got in a good two miles...even tho the second mile was much easier than the usual. and i think this might be a 2 day recovery...except i can't find my ibuprofen :-(. i hate it when my routine gets interrupted. WHERE IS MY IBUPROFEN? i'm supposed to run on friday with ravi. fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home