workouts

longwinded and dull. read at your own risk.

Monday, March 03, 2008

we did spinning this morning after a month away from the gym. despite the 12km, 2:17 adventure race from sunday, my legs felt very fresh, once again proving that the only things the adventure race strained were my knees. i also suspect that my bike was weaker than normal. the last couple of times, my base was at 5 (feels like freewheeling) with 8 feeling a bit strained and 11 as my base for standing (supports my weight). everything this time was 3 gears up--so i actually managed 20 at the peak of the hillclimbs whilst keeping the pace (80-90rpm). anyways, i was thinking...for ultimate, you can always sprint the end (or the next) regardless of how tired you are. for crosscountry, we could always sprint the end. you never regret it afterwards, promise.

my core strength is shot to pieces. i was trying to work hamstrings on the pb (where you lie on your back with your heels on the ball and pull it towards your butt), but the thing kept wobbling all over the place. i did not look graceful. something to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home